Here are some things that I have come across that are great food finds. They are good substitutions for the real thing. Or just things that I like. These items are now staples in my home. As I find new items I will make additional posts. And remember, everyone's tastes are different. So, you may or may not like these items. These are just suggetions in case you're looking for something new to try.
1) Arnold Sandwich Thins (Multi-Grain) - These are so delicious and the perfect low point substitution for bread. Read more about them here.
2) Laughing Cow Cheese (Lite Soft Cheese Spread) - Each little wedge of cheese is a piece of low point cheesy heaven. Use them on bread or a low-point english muffin. Use them as a dip/spread for celery or carrots. Use them on crackers or even use them to make a fettucine alfredo sauce. Read more about them here.
3) PB2 - My god does this stuff RULE! This is a substitute for high pointed peanut butter! Even reduced-fat peanut butter is high in points. But this stuff, dehydrated peanuts, once rehydrated with water is only 1/4 of the points for the same amount serving as reduced-fat peanut butter. Check it out here. They have even come out with a chocolate/PB2 BLEND! Can't wait to try this out.
4) Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties - I loved Mc Donald's Sausage Mc Muffins (without the egg) and now I can make my own for WAY less points. You can use these along with a lite english muffin and a slice of 2% cheese. Or do what I do, use a sandwich thin. Either way, these little veggie sausages are very tasty and a good substitution for the real thing.
5) Morningstar Farms Buffalo Wings Veggie Wings - These are very tasty. They make a great sandwich with a slice of cheese, some lettuce and a sandwich thin. Definitely check them out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment