Friday, January 29, 2010

Sicilian-Style Halibut

I found this recipe in a WW cookbook ("Turnaround").  Unfortunately, I couldn't get Halibut steaks at the market so I decided to go with Haddock (that I wound up having to skin myself...UGH.  Not a pretty site).

The flavor on this was nice, but my preference would have been for less onions and more olives.  But, its definitely worth posting.

Sicilian-Style Halibut
Serves: 4
Points: 3

Ingredients

1 pound skinless halibut steaks
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp drained rinsed capers
5 kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Instructions

1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Place the halibut in an 8-inch square baking dish.

2) Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and set over medium-high heat.  Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.  Stir in the tomatoes, capers, olives, lemon juice, basil oregano and pepper; bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes.  Spoon the sauce over the fish.  Bake until the fish is just opaque in the center, about 10 minutes.

No comments: