This is my own recipe and makes for a great side dish. Last night we had this with some 97% fat-free hot dogs (I needed an "easy dinner night"). I love pasta salad but I hate mayo so I usually get the oil based italian style pasta salads from the deli. Now instead of having the oily deli versions, I managed to create the same thing, only better!
Italian Pasta Salad
Serves: 6
Points: 4
Ingredients
8 oz uncooked whole-wheat pasta
1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing (I used a little less, just under 1/2 cup)
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
1/2 medium green pepper, diced
10 medium baby carrots, diced
2 oz Cabot Light Cheddar Cheese - 50% Reduced Fat, diced
17 slices Hormel Pillow Pack Turkey Pepperoni, quartered
3 oz olive(s) (I just used a small can of sliced olives, drained)
Instructions
1) Cook the pasta until desired "doneness". Drain and rinse with cold water.
2) Toss the pasta with the remaining ingredients. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment