Over the years, my tastes have changed. For example, I like broccoli. Ask my mom and she would tell you that would have been an impossibility based on my vegetable likes/dislikes (mostly dislikes) during my childhood.
I found this dish on the WW website. This isn't your basic old steamed broccoli. I served this at dinner one Mother's Day (I believe) and it was a hit!
Broccoli with Lemon-Garlic Crumbs
Serves: 4
Points: 2
Ingredients
1 pound broccoli florets, fresh
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp table salt
1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. PLace broccoli in a steamer basket and set over water. Cover pot and steam until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes; drain.
2. Meanwhile melt butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add panko bread crumbs, increase heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat; stir in lemon zest and salt.
4. Spoon broccoli into a serving bowl and toss with crumbs.
Delish!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment