Okay, truth is, I really don't like tomatoes but the hubby does. So, I made this dish. When serving I went heavy on the green beans for me and heavy on the tomatoes for him.... We were both very happy.
This is a great side dish (that I found on the WW website) that really doesn't take long to make. However it tastes like it did!
Roasted Green Beans and Fresh Tomato
Serves: 4
Points: 0
Ingredients
3 sprays olive oil cooking spray
4 cups green beans, trimmed
2 cups grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or quartered if large)
1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons, divided
2 tsp minced garlic, or less to taste
1/2 tsp table salt (I use kosher) or more to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or more to taste
1) Preheat over to 450 degrees. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
2) Place green beans in a single layer in prepared pan and coat with cooking spray. Roast until desired doneness, stirring once or twice, about 10 to 15 minutes
3) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tbsp of basil, garlic, salt, & pepper and set aside.
4) When green beans are finished, remove from oven and spoon tomato mixture in pan. Toss thoroughly. Serve hot, room temperature, or chilled. Top with remaining 2 tbsp of basil.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment