PB2? Are you wondering what PB2 is? Well PB2 is the greatest invention EVER! Its powdered peanut butter. Yeah, you heard me, powdered peanut butter. AND because its powdered, it is WAY less in points than even reduced fat peanut butter. For example, 2 TBSP of reduced fat peanut butter is 4 points. 2 TBSP of PB2, reconstituted with 1 TBSP of water.... 1 point! Yup, 1 point. So, if you're interested, check out Bell Plantation because they are the folks who sell it. Infact, I have to order some more today.
I found this recipe on their website. I altered it slightly because I like a little more peanut butter flavor. I ran it through the recipe builder on the WW website so I know the points are correct.
I served this over some cooked egg noodles. It was a great substitution to the Thai Chicken Pasta that I like to get at the Cheesecake Factor, that's for sure!
Easy Slow Cooker Thai PB2 Chicken
Serves: 4
Points: 4 (if serving with egg noodles, be sure to add the points for that!)
Ingredients
2 lbs: Skinless, boneless, chicken breast
3/4 cup: Salsa
1/2 cup: PB2
1 tsp: Ginger (if fresh, minced)
2 Tbsp: reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp: Lime juice
2 tsp: Cornstarch (optional)
2 tsp: Minced garlic (optional)
To taste: Salt and pepper
Instructions
Combine all the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment