I totally love these. I am such a fan of dumplings; they are my favorite chinese food. Now, I have found a recipe from the WW "Take-out Tonight" cookbook that are awesome!
I doubled the amount of filling for the dumplings, but I am now thinking that I could have gotten away with what the original recipe calls for.
Pan-Steamed Vegetable Dumplings with Soy Dipping Sauce
Serves: 15 (3 dumplings per serving)
Points: 2
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
6 tbsp lite soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 1/4 tsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
1/8 tsp pepper
Dumpling Ingredients
2 tsp canola oil
1 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
2 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced (I used baby bellas)
3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage (I used a combination of Bok Choy & Nappa cabbage)
2 tbsp sake
3 scallions, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1 tbsp lite soy sauce
45 (3-inch) round wonton wrappers (I could only find the rectangle shapped wrappers)
Instructions
1) To prepare the dipping sauce, combined the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, sugar, sesame oil, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
2) To prepare the dumplings, heat a nonstick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in the canola and sesame oil, then add the gingers and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Stir in the mushrooms and cabbage, stir-fry until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the sake, and cook, stirring often, until the liquid evaporates, 3-4 minutes. Add the scallions and carrot; stir-fry until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the soy sauce. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool 10 minutes.
3) Arrange 6 wonton wrappers on a work surface. Place 1 tsp of the vegetable mixture in the center of each wrapper. Brush the edges of each wonton wrapper with water, then fold into half circles, pressing the edges to seal. Place the completed dumplings on a baking sheet lightly covered with cornstarch and cover with damp paper towels. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers, making a total of 45 dumplings.
4) Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add 10-12 dumplings to the skillet (don't overcrowd the pan or the dumplings won't brown) and cook until lightly browned on one side, 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup water to the skillet and cover it with a tight fitting lid. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook the dumplings until the liquid evaporates, 3-4 minutes. Transfer the dumplings, browned side up, to a serving tray. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment